Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Sweet Potato Casserole

 I acquired this recipe while I was working at the Baton Rouge General Medical Center in the Inpatient Pharmacy Department.

This is truly outstanding!!!

I thought that I had a pretty good recipe, but this one tops mine!  I'll never be the same again.  Wendy thanks so much for sharing your family recipe with us at our Thanksgiving feast that we had at work... Thanksgiving 2009. 




But don't just take my word for it that it is delicious... here is the proof! 





Well...  it was a hit and every year since... the requests have been... “Are you making your Sweet Potato Casserole?”  Try it and see for yourself... it will be gone!

Ingredients:

3 cups sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 Tablespoon vanilla
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2/3 cup sweet cream or heavy whipping cream






Topping:

1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup pecans, chopped
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup butter, softened

Mix the brown sugar, flour, butter, and pecans together with fork until crumbly then sprinkle on top of the casserole. 


Mix sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, vanilla, butter, cinnamon, and sweet cream thoroughly then pour into greased baking dish.   Cover with topping below and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. 



Here we go...
 my niece Holly is an up and coming Photographer and she had taken pictures from our holiday dinner and I didn't know that she took pictures of the food until she sent pictures to me... so I had to add this picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment