Thursday, December 8, 2011

Crocheted Lap Throw in the Paris Stitch

Long years ago... way back when I was about 10-12 years old, my grandmother taught me how to crochet. I have really enjoyed crocheting over the years. I tend to do most of my crocheting in the winter months. I have made several throws and some larger blankets. When I starting crocheting, I only knew how to do the single stitch and a double stitch. Of course over the years, now I know several stitches, but my most favorite stitch is the Paris stitch. This is the one I'm sharing with you here today.





Here is a lap throw I made several years ago in some of my favorite colors. 
I used Lion brand Wool Ease Yarn in Pines Print
~ Black, Pine Green, and Deep Navy ~

This lap throw measure about 45 inches x 45 inches




Here is the instructions for the Paris Stitch 







This is a fairly easy stitch to crochet. You have the instructions now....so give it a try!
The only stitches that you need to know for this pattern is a chain stitch, single stitch, and the double stitch.







Here is a throw that I'm working on right now in another favorite color, deep purple. 
It measures about 65 inches x 65 inches.  A real nice size to cuddle up on the sofa with a real good book.... if you know what I mean!

No comments:

Post a Comment