Thursday, December 15, 2011

Antique Sterling Silver Pin Cushion Recovered




I have a real passion for Antique things... I picked this pin cushion up on eBay for just a couple of dollars.  I bought it knowing that I would recover it someday.  I have had this pin cushion for about three years and have just now completed the recovering project.  After I received the pin cushion in the mail, I was so delighted with how nice it looked that I decided to start on it straight away.  So... off  to the fabric shop I went and found a real nice purple satin fabric.  I started the process of recovering the pin cushion right away.  





This project took way longer than expected, not to long after I started the project we ended up moving from Albuquerque, NM to Baton Rouge, LA.  It took me awhile to get settled after the move and I started my new job shortly after the move also.  This particular project I never found it's way out of the box to the craft table to be finished.


 

 

 When I was unpacking my craft room stuff after our recent move from Baton Rouge, LA to Moreno Valley, CA a few months back... I found the pin cushion and decided I'd better get it finished, because I have to many unfinished projects.  Does this happen to anybody else... or is it just me!

 



I'm very happy with the outcome of this pin cushion after the three years it took me to  complete the project!


 

Now... it's time to pick another unfinished project that I've started and work on finishing them all... I wonder if I could accomplish this task?


 

I hope I have inspired you in some small way to pull out your unfinished projects and complete them soon!  So you can enjoy the finished project that set you on the path to start your desired creation (project) that is unfinished!  


Do you have a project that you need to finish?  Please share what project that you have, that you would liked to finish.  Send us pictures of your finished project, we would love to see your finished creation and share in your triumph!   

No comments:

Post a Comment