Thursday, June 21, 2012

Memories and Reminiscing about Montana

I remember spending many a day in my childhood picking wild berries for jams, jellies, and syrups.   Many holidays and summer vacations where spent with my grandparents where I learned many things from the old days.  I do cherish those times that I spent with my grandparents in Western Montana.  

On my birthday the last couple of years, my mom has sent me some jams, jellies and syrups made in Montana, they brought back very happy memories just seeing them... but tasting them was even on a higher level than that... the memories came flooding back... What a treat!









I'm so happy to have found that I can buy these products online now.  Here is just a few products from
Huckleberry Haven Mountain Cannery were you can truly taste the wilderness!




These products are Made in Montana. 


 





Now I'm just showing a few products from each of the sections.









 


Huckleberry Haven has many more products, there are just to many to list.  I will share with you their sections and in each section they have much more.    


They have several teas... I even found a Wild Blackberry Tea also!


I remember so well picking wild raspberries and wild blackberries, this would be something that I would enjoy doing again, picking some berries and then canning them up into jams and jellies.   When we lived in North Carolina, I guess this was back in the early 80's my son was about three years old, we lived in the middle of a large apple orchard I canned about 12 jars of applesauce and some apple jelly.  No to long after that we moved back to Vallejo, California.  They have a place there called Apple Valley, well that's another story for another time!


Candles that have these scents would be just awesome...  I can't wait to try them for myself!  Even though I make candles... I have try their version since it is made in Montana! 

























I promised to share their sections so you can see what a variety that they do have in their shop.   


Wild Berry Syrups,
Wild Berry Tea & Honey,
Wild Huckleberry Coffee & Cocoa,
Wild Huckleberry Candy & Chocolates,
Gift Ideas,
Huckleberry Flap Jack Mixes,
Wild Berry Dessert Toppings,
Huckleberry Pie Filling,
 Wild Berry Vinaigrette's, 
BBQ, Salsa & Chipotle Sauce,
Sugar Free Products,
Candles,
Wild Huckleberry Body Cream,
Lip Balm & Potpourri,
Wild Animal Cookie Cutters,
Lewis & Clark Provisioners,
The Journey 1803 - 1806.

No comments:

Post a Comment