Saturday, August 17, 2013

Birthday Surprises

I got a great surprise for my birthday this year!
My kids asked me this year what I wanted for my birthday.  I always say, I don't know I haven't thought about it.... and it's the truth! So they asked me to make a list over a period of time of things that I might like for my birthday. To my surprise they choose the one thing that I didn't think they would pick. But truly.... I wonder if they didn't have an ulterior motive behind their pick.... What would you think!?! 

The Kitchenaid Ice Cream Attachment


I bought my Kitchenaid mixer many years ago on EBay and I was able to find a brand new mixer and got a still of a deal at that.  It has become a staple in my kitchen for baking.











Here is the Kitchenaid Site if you wish to peruse and see more. Here is just a tease for you if your considering this beauty for your kitchen.




I have found that some have a real love for their mixer and here is the proof!










There are so many custom painted mixers to see, but here are just a few.... I really like the ones at Un Amore .
I have many memories of the old style ice cream churns.  Growing up every birthday we made ice cream with an old churn like this below.... it was one of my favorite things to do as a kid.  We all had to share in the turning of the ice cream, I always let all the cousins and siblings have their turn and when they all gave up and went to play. I was the one that would stay behind and help my Dad with finishing the ice cream. I found it to be a challenge to churn the ice cream when it got hard to turn. What Great Memories those are now that my Dad has passed on... I do cherished them now! 


Here is two homemade ice cream makers, one is a manual and the other an electric model.


Check out these ice cream recipes.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment