Saturday, February 9, 2013

Snow in Southern California

Wow ..... yesterday we had there strangest phenomenon happen here in Southern California.  About 1:00 pm here in Moreno Valley/ Riverside Area we had slushy sleat, then to very large wet flakes of snow to small hail all within about a half hour.  Several have told me that they only remember one other time that it snowed here and they thought it was back in the 90's.
 
 
Here are a couple of pictures I took with my phone... I do wish the pictures would have turn out better but here they are anyway.... It is SNOW in Southern California on February 8, 2013.  
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
These were very large wet snowflakes.  I haven't seen snowflakes that size since living in Corrales, New Mexico.  That winter we got over twelve inches in one night.  Some of you might remember that winter... 
 getting snow in!

No comments:

Post a Comment