Saturday, December 15, 2012

Dark Sage and Watercolors Crochet Throw

Several years back I made this pretty throw crocheted throw made from Caron Simply Soft yarn.  The colors I used was Dark Sage, White and Watercolors.   I choose the variegated color called Watercolors because it reminded me of Monet Paintings... you know the ones?


I made it for my friend Carrie for her birthday, she lives in the Bay Area.  I was hard to part with it because it was so soft, but it was made especially for her with some of her favorite colors.





 
I have made several Afghans over the years.   These are usually my winter projects because you can have them in your lap, working on them and at the same time they are keeping you warm!   Most of the time I choose a special person that I want to give a gift, or I choose a color I want to make into a blanket, or if I have some one in mind and I know that persons favorite color(s), and then sometimes its both that help me make the decision.



I learned how to knit and crochet when I was fairly young, I guess I started when I was around 10 years old.  I learned from both my grandmothers, one knit and the other did crochet.  Hands down... I like crocheting better than knitting any day, but most of the pretty designs are mostly knitting. 


The difference between the two styles to me is mostly that in knitting you have to pay real close attention to your stitches, so not to loose them, and it can be slightly tedious detailed work.  Where with crocheting is not that bad... depending on which stitch that you choose to do, with some crochet stitches they are so easy that you can actually do them by touch and feel.  Now... all of you know that the only difference between knitting needles and crochet needles is one has a hook on the end and the other doesn't, and for those of you who are reading this and don't know what these needles look like here is a few pictures with needles and design that show the difference.   



Knitting                                             Crocheting











This picture here shows using a white crochet hook to save stitches in a knitting project that they were using black knitting needles.






There is so many different things that you can knit and crochet.  I think I'm going to research and maybe try my and at some children's pretend play food.







 These are real awesome pieces of art, just look at this play food! 
 I'm going to try my hand at some pretend play food.  I think both knitted and crocheted real soon!  

No comments:

Post a Comment