Friday, February 1, 2019

American Girl, Our Generation, Newberry, or Journey Girl - The 18 inch Dolls

I had a request from a little girl, very dear to my heart.  She asked, if I could make her some special blankets for her dollies.  I had thought about what I could make for her 
that was kinda special.

I was machine quilting one day, and then it clicked. I had done some practicing on the longarm and had a sample quilt scrap. 



I measured the practice scrap, marked and then cut into four equal pieces.  It was the perfect size to make these doll blankets.  



All the binding ready to be sewn on in this picture.



Sewing the binding in the little quilts.







Finished and just the right size for the dolls! 
One happy little girl!




    



Needless to say this started a chain of events... Nana, can you make blankets for my Barbie dolls too?  I’m sure, I will...  I do have plenty of scrap pieces of cotton and flannel fabric. 


Maybe that will be for another time! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment