Saturday, October 7, 2017

Trip to Crafty U Too with friends

The other day some friends and I went to Crafty U Too, here in Riverside to paint teapots and then have them fired.  I haven't done pottery since high school.... let me just say that was many moons ago.
We had alot of fun and will probably do again.  We all painted teapots with a cup..  I decided to paint a teapot for a daughter inlaw since she couldn' t make it this time.  I painted my cup a green, the teapot yellow and the lid a purple. Then I did a bubble technique in purple over the teapot and cup.

                                                       My Teapot and Cup
I used three colors to paint this cup and teapot set, a bright yellow, sage green and purple.  Then I did a bubble technique over the top of the teapot and cup with the purple to blend the three colors together.









My finished and fired teapot and cup below.








Anna's Teapot and Cup

Anna used about six colors on her teapot.  I guess you might say her theme is flowers... with her sunflower cup and her teapot with flowers on the side and a hidden heart.   








Anna's finished and fired teapot. 





Maggie's Teapot and Cup

Now Maggie used to paint, her theme is more of nature.  She use several different colors and several shades of each color.  Her cup is like the ground in the garden, then her teapot flowers in the garden, and the lid is the sky.   Inside her cup she painted a flower.











No comments:

Post a Comment