Saturday, November 5, 2011

Brazilian Chicken Cutlets with Raw Tropical Sauce

I made this recipe today and had the kids (Nick and Stephi) over for dinner, and my little Gracie, of course a four month old couldn't indulge in this tantalizing dish.  I think that everyone enjoyed this meal.  They must have really like it... there wasn't a bit left for tomorrows leftovers!  My husband Tim gave me rave reviews on this one!  I'm so happy that he liked it... I'm trying to turn a new leaf, and try to be more creative in the kitchen... this is a challenge for me, I really don't like to cook, but I don't mind baking!  I guess this stems from not spending much time in the kitchen when I was a teenager learning how to cook properly.   So, I have started looking though cookbooks finding recipes to try out.  I think this might be fun and rewarding for all... I'll let you know how it goes.  I promise to share some of the recipes and give reviews on the dishes along the way!        

This is a great dish... I would really like to share with everyone, so here it is...... enjoy!  It is fairly easy and fast dish to make.  I like mango salsa... It is also excellent on fish tacos! 







Preheated the oven to 250 degrees F
Serves 4


1   large, ripe mango, pitted and chopped
4   plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
½  medium red onion, chopped
¼  cup (about a palmful) cilantro, chopped
     Juice of a lime
     A few dashes of hot sauce
     Salt and pepper
4   boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1   cup all-purpose flour
2   eggs
½  cup bread crumbs
½  cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (parmesan)
1   teaspoon granulated garlic
1   lemon, zested and cut in wedges
     Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (plus more if needed)



Prepare the raw sauce by combining the mango, plum tomatoes, red onions, cilantro, lime juice, hot sauce, salt, and pepper in a medium mixing bowl. Stir gently to combine.


Flatten the chicken breasts into cutlets by butterflying each piece open then pounding it out ¼ inch think.


Set up three shollow dishes on the counter.  To one dish add the flour, to the second add the eggs and beatwith a splash of water, and to the third add the bread crumbs, grated parmesan, granulated garlic, and lemon zest.


Bread the cutlets by first tossing them in flour, then dipping them in the beaten egg, then coating them in the bread crumb mixture.
  
Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.  Once the oil is hot, cook the cutlets in batches until golden brown on each side and cook through, 4 to 5 minutes per side, adding more oil to the pan as needed between batches.  As each cutlet finishes cooking transfer it to a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven while cooking the other cook.



Serve the cutlets with the raw sauce on top and lemon wedges to squeeze over the cutlets if desired.  I made some brown rice and saute zuchini to go with the chicken cutlet and mango salsa, it was a good combination.






No comments:

Post a Comment